There are a lot of great bands in the Long Beach area and as each one clamors to be heard among the mass of musicians that call this city home, its projects like Repeater that remind me how lucky I am to live in such a diverse place.
Repeater is Steve Krolikowski (vocals and bass), Rob Wallace (keyboards), Alex Forsythe (guitar), and Matt Hanief (drums). Together they blend haunting vocal melodies with thunderous drumming, ethereal keys, and propelling guitar riffs. In their latest offering “We Walk From Safety” the band really defines a sound with the help of producer Ross Robinson (The Cure, The Klaxons, At-The Drive In).
You might have heard a couple of these tracks a few months back when LBPP threw our annual x-mas toy drive and Repeater played a few of these new tracks including my favorite on the album “Patterns”. Other stand out tracks on the album are “Arms Upon the Ground” which has ghostly backing vocals with a slow yet driving beat, “Hold Back the Tide” & “The Stars Spell Out Your Name” are also great tracks that the band recommended, but after listening to the album about a billion times “Black and Selfish Love” has REALLY grown on me and almost takes over Patterns as my favorite track on the album.
Right now you can get their new album “We Walk From Safety” on their Bandcamp site for “Name Your Own Price”! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Such a great album and you can pay whatever you want??? Well get to downloading because I know this awesome deal will be gone soon!
Latest posts by Shea Shizzle (see all)
- Bottled Spirtis – Demo - December 4, 2013
- SLIDESHOW: Long Beach Folk Revival Festival - December 4, 2013
- Local Show Pick Of The Week: Jim Morrison Bday Celebration w/ Granite Planet & More - December 4, 2013
- Avi Buffalo – Two Cherished Understandings (Live in Hollywood, CA) - December 2, 2013
- TICKET CONTEST: Naughty In North Pine w/ The Maxies & Codename Rocky - December 2, 2013